Feeding Hands Needs YOUR HANDS to Feed!
With the onset of the COVID 19 Virus, Feeding Hands is confronted with many challenges we have not encountered in the past. Right now, from the safety and comfort of our homes, we have the opportunity to make a difference!! We need to shift our supply lines to create prepackaged supply boxes prepared offsite to respond to food and other needs at the neighborhood level. We seek to partner with you from your home to accomplish this goal through Neighbor Connect.
WHAT IS NEIGHBOR CONNECT?
Neighbor Connect Mission: is a program designed to spark a “viral” program of neighbor connection in order to feed and care for each other. We would like to encourage people to safely connect with their immediate neighbors and “work from home” to feed and care for their neighborhoods first, and then, their greater community. In the process of collecting boxes of supplies (Supply Items List), Neighbor Connect will connect with immediate neighbors who need a hand. Locally prepared boxes of groceries will be distributed to:
- Collect products from your local neighborhood and distribute to your immediate neighbors in need; if there is no need, then…
- Bring additional products to local collection points for local distribution. (Click for Locations), or…
- If you are located outside Feeding Hands Central NJ service area, your local community food pantry for distribution.
HOW TO ENGAGE
- Become a Neighborhood Captain – (Individuals, Churches, or Businesses) (Click for FAQ)
- Become a Box Preparer
- Prepare a box of groceries for a family and find a local drop-off. (Click for FAQ)
- Become a Volunteer –
- Help transport, collect boxes and distribute to a neighbor or collection points for local distribution
- Make a Donation
- Help Feeding Hands to cover our cost to feed the hungry during this pandemic and its economic aftermath. (Click to Donate)
- Share Neighborhood connect on Social Media
- Let us know how many families you fed and share pictures and stories by using the #feedinghands on your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram post.
Working together, our hands will feed deep needs in our communities during the pandemic and in the future.
For additional questions please contact